Halloween 🎃 is around the corner a plate of blood cookies with bugs all over how that sounds 🎃
Red velvet white chocolate cookies
* 1/2 cup butter softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp red food coloring
* 1 1/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and food coloring, and mix until smooth.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate the dough 30 minutes. During the last ten minutes of chilling time, preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
4. Roll the dough into one inch balls, and top each ball with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake 9 minutes, then remove from oven. The cookies will be puffy and fat, then flatten slightly as they cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
I use dark chocolate caramel sauce to do the bugs 🐜 dm me for the recipe