Rosogolla is cottage cheese balls cooked and soaked in suger syrup. Rosogolla is a Bengali delicacy! This is the pride and joy of bengal (the part of india where I am from )
To be honest, I failed to prepare Perfect rosogolla for many times. The very first time when I tried it, the dough became hard because of over kneading. The next time the rosogolla became flat in shape again because of imperfectness. So I give up , In india you can get this sweet every sweet shop and luckily we who live in USA get pretty decent one too !!
But this post is not about only rosgolla to tell you a secret I am not fond of this sweet I know many Bengali will roll there eyes listing to it and to some of you it’s totally unacceptable I know I know sorry about that !! But every time I eat this I always go for some savory food after this , so why not mix this with a savory dish so here you go rosogolla r chat a perfect way to enjoy both ! Actually this dish contain all the flavor sweet spicy sour a treat for your pallet for sure
* 3 to 4 rosogolla
* 1 Teaspoon of black salt.
* 2 Tablespoons of roasted coriander powder.
* 1 Tablespoon of chili fakes.
* 2 green chilies, chopped.(add more if you like spicy )
* Some chopped coriander leaves. (Optional )
* 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
* 1/4th cup of green mint chutney.
* 1/4th cup of sweet tamarind date chutney.
* 1 cup of sev / jhuri vaja or bhel mixture
* 1 Teaspoon of chaat masala powder
* 1/2 cup pomegranate seed
Crumble the rosogolla and mix all the ingredients and serve yes nothing fancy. 😊